- Servings: 36 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
|1||Orange, zest removed with a microplane|
|12 oz||Almond Paste|
|½ tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|3||Large Egg Whites|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor mix sugar and orange zest for 30 seconds.
3. Add almond paste and mix until combined.
4. Add remaining ingredients and process until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
5. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Use a .5 oz (#70) ice cream scoop and scoop dough onto the trays. Leave an inch to inch and a half between scoops.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. The edges should be set.
7. Transfer to a wire baking sheet and store in an air tight container.
8. The raw dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and scooped and baked a bit at a time.
This recipe is a favorite because it is fast and requires little pre-planning. It is also gluten free and dairy free. These cookies are delicious with coffee or ice cream. They can be filled with mascarpone cheese and turned into sandwiches. I've also known a few people to wrap a piece of cooked bacon around one of these cookies for a delicious result.